The annual Inter-parish Croquet Tournament will be held on Saturday 25 May at 2.00pm, at Eardisley Tennis and Croquet Club.
Churches in the parish can enter teams of two people and any number of teams can be accommodated, with a maximum of eight teams on the croquet pitch at any one time.
Cost of entry is £5.00 per person and a cream tea can be provided for an extra £3.50 per person.
The croquet club is with the tennis club in Eardisley, post code HR3 6NS. There is a signpost in the village. The club is behind Phoenix Car Restoration and you have to drive through that yard to get to the it.Read more...
Pete Greig has been teaching on prayer and involved in a non-stop prayer movement, 24-7 Prayer, since founding it over 20 years ago.
He is an Ambassador for the NGO Tearfund and an associate tutor at St Mellitus Theological College, London, and also leads a large church in Guildford called Emmaeus Road – as well as being an award-winning author.
His latest book, How To Pray, is based on Jesus’ teaching on how to pray which has also been compiled into the recited prayer we all know as The Lord’s Prayer. The four ‘movements’ of The Lord’s Prayer are Pause, Rejoice, Ask and Yield and Pete subdivides this outline into 12 concise, accessible “how to” chapters as follows:
1. Prayer Everywhere – why pray?
2. Keeping it Simple – starting out in prayer
3. Slowing and Centring – how to be still before God
4. Adoration – how to worship God
5. Petition – how to ask God
6. Intercession – how to ask God for others
7. Unanswered prayer – how to deal with disappointment
8. Contemplation – how to pray without words
9. Listening – how to hear God
10. Confession and Reconciliation – how to get right with God
11. Spiritual warfare – how to exercise spiritual authority
12. Amen.Read more...
A special service to celebrate the Annunciation was held in the Lady Chapel of St Mary’s Church, Byford on Sunday 24 March, enjoyed by 22 people. A talk was given by PCC member and historian Anne Greenway on the medieval wall paintings and their meaning.